Saturday, March 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home.

Yay!! Vacation is over!

How does that work? How does a person become physically, mentally and emotionally more exhausted AFTER a vacation? It was a rough one.
Rain. Rain go away! We had a late start on Tuesday. The rain wouldn't stop. My basketball goal floated down the road. Stop sign next to my house blew away. I should have taken it as a sign. I really should have. But I didn't. I should have bought a boat. Because I needed it. We drove INTO flood waters. It was horrible. I seen cars underwater. with people in it. Why they keep on driving, I don't know. I pray they got out.
we made it. Of course we were lost for 3 hours.After we got to Branson. Trying to find our Lakefront condo. It's ON THE LAKE TERRENCE. That should be a clue. Why we kept on driving 5000ft above water level, I don't know. At least we made it. 6 hrs after we left home. It was beautiful I must say. I just wish spent more time there.
We did some sightseeing. Ripleys believe it or not was a pretty big hit with the kids. And of course Silver Dollar City ( Super dollar silly according to Aiden). We hit that joint up two days in a row.Never again on opening day. It was insane. It made me insane. It took everything I had not to beat down a 12 year old for cutting in line for the balloons. I am standing in line staring down this child yes. He was a child. a mere 4yrs older than my son I am staring at this kid. you know, the stare that you WANT them to feel. In my head the kid done hit the ground. I had him. He was all mine. Place made me evil.
Went up to Springfield to do a little shopping before we headed home. All in all we had fun. kids enjoyed themselves. and of course, when they do Mom and Dad do too. That's what it's all about. Oh, wait. Before I start sounding like June Cleaver let me tell you what I did. Mother of the year right here people.
Okay Iam worn out. vacation. You done heard all that. So I get home about 10pm tonight. unpacking when BAM! it hits me. Easter. Its tomorrow. Eggs. Baskets.Candy.Bunny. I have NONE of this stuff. nothing. I panic. Grab my kids frantically. throw them in the car and head to walmart. Okay, I don't know why I didn't leave them home with Terrence. I wasn't in my right state of mind. so we get to walmart.
Ive somehow ignored their voices the whole ride. all the questions.complaining they haven't eaten since lunch. Yeah, I apparently didn't feed my kids either. Shredded beef jerky and corn nuts only holds a kid for few hours.
So we hit the Easter crap and my kids flip out. Ooohs and ahhhhs. Throwing everything in sight in the basket. Them. not me. I cant find ANY pre filled baskets. They are gone. I am not really sure what happens but somewhere between $8 empty Easter basket and the $4 grass I lost it. After arguing with they boys what they couldn't have Them making a HUGE deal on what they needed I for some reason say It doesn't matter.Just pick one out. The easter bunny isn't real anyway.Iam the one who buys you the baskets and hides your eggs. The looks on their faces. As well as the 9 parents around me. Silence. Aiden. Poor Aiden. With tears and fear he whispers " but Santa Clause is real isn't he mommy?" Good job, Sally. Like I said, Mother of the year.

3 comments:

karla said...

ohhh my how sad:( I am however glad that you all had a great vacation and that you in fact did not go completely insane:) hope you have a good easter. take care and talk to ya later

Jen said...

OH.MY.Good.GAWD! Sally, I'm surprised you didn't get your ass kicked by another parent right there in Wal-Mart. Seriously, that is so freaking funny. Thanks for sharing your flubtastic mommy moment.

I can't really relate, though. I never have these. Heh...

sally said...

yes. I know. I over heard them telling the other kids at the egg hunt today " you know the easter bunny isnt real. go ask my mom".I hung my head in shame.